Thursday 13 October 2011

All Change Part #1

I just turned twenty-five. That’s a lot of time.

I’m running out of creativity on Etsy at the moment – a lot of what I have been doing lately has started to seem a little stagnant to me. Now, if I am feeling that what I am doing is getting tired then I’m not going to be selling so well or doing my best work. I’m taking a bit of a break from putting new things on Etsy. I’m working on my photographs – both the ones that I am using to display my products online and also the photographs that I take purely for artistic purposes. I’ve been playing with the idea of using some of my ‘art’ photographs as Etsy cards to match the collage cards and the print cards. This is not me just dragging my feet on original ideas but I’ve had several people (no, really!) ask me if I would consider it as they like both the cards and the photographs I have on this blog. 

There is a lot of change happening at the moment and I usually keep the personal away from blogging and the business but over the past few months I realised that I wanted to be able to put more of my writing, my opinion, things about food and books online without it impinging on my Etsy and crafting work.

So I am splitting the blog into two. This will remain as an Etsy, art, crafts, collage, jewellery blog and I have a NEW BLOG (can you tell I'm excited?) over on WordPress. If you'd like to take a look that would be fantastic. So far there is nothing new over there but there will be a lot going up in the next couple of weeks.

There will also be a neater way of looking through the writing I have done in the past – plays as well as poems. The 3RW poems will also be over there from now on - so if you're looking for those the archive will be both here and on WordPress but the new ones will only show up over there. There will be a new one up in the next two days... I’m not quite sure what the final product over there will end up looking like but there will be more of me and the things that I enjoy and slightly less business.

I am going to have a section on the new blog for images so that I can put my favourites online. I am in no way stopping what I am selling on Etsy just not adding lots of new things until I am re-inspired. Once that happens I will probably keep putting things up on here but this blog will be business while the other will be more personal.

I would really like it if you want to follow me over to the new site - if not, there will still be updates over here but a lot less frequently. Also, my apologies for the complete radio silence while I worked on this - my head was so full of trying to get both the sites working that I didn't have the energy to blog.

Thanks everyone!
Vick.

p.s. for future reference, part #2 of the blog is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment