Saturday 23 October 2010

generations of be-ro

The little be-ro cookbook has been the staple recipe book for baking in generations of my family. It is the alpha & omega of baking. All the best pastry, cake, bun, pudding etc. recipes have been adapted from the basic be-ro wonders. The cookbook on the left is my mother's, the maroon one in the centre belonged to my grandmother and the blue one on the right is mine. The recipes are almost exactly the same in all three and they make truly wonderful cakes. So, instead of posting the recipe I used to make rock cakes this morning I am doing a shout-out to Be-Ro who can always be relied upon to make a great cake when you cannot be bothered/don't want to make up a new recipe. You can even write to Be-Ro (at the same address as for the cookbook) and they will send you free advice on home baking. My kind of people! To send off for a Be-Ro cookbook, or send a cheque/postal-order for £1.50 to The Be-Ro Kitchen, PO Box 100, Blackburn, Lancs, BB01GR Vick. vclinde@gmail.com www.vclinde.co.uk @vclinde

No comments:

Post a Comment