Thursday 17 February 2011

Ashbourne Church

I love churches. Ashbourne Church is in my top five that I've seen. Quite an accolade.
I apologise for this being all pictures but a) they are of somewhere very lovely and b) I'm quite unwell so anything I say at the moment would be complete rubbish anyway.







Both of those last two are from my favourite window in the church, it's beautiful and has some fantastic references to mythology as well as Christianity.
It may not be Chagall or Tiffany but it is so very beautiful.

Vick.
vclinde@gmail.com
www.vclinde.co.uk
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vclinde
@vclinde

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pics Vicky. Hope that you are soon feeling better. We have been away for a week or so - a bit of sun in Lanzarote to get away from the English winter. Lovely island, Lovely sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the pictures very much. Don't know the Church, but would like to. My favourites seem to change every time I come across a new one, but always near the top seems to be Lichfield Cathedral. There has been worship there for over 1300 years, and it is the only English medieval Cathedral with 3 spires (sounds great but I don't know why). Its setting by the side of a pond adds to its beauty. Hope you're getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind comments. Am now fully recovered and should be back to full blogging speed! On a dull Friday afternoon in the Midlands both Lichfield and Lanzarote sound very appealing indeed...
    Vick.

    ReplyDelete