Monday 18 July 2011

One Year

I hadn't realised but last week I passed my Etsy anniversary. I started my site over a year ago and for the first five/six months all that I sold was jewellery. Now there is no sign of the jewellery as I only sell it at craft-fairs and there's a whole bunch of cards and art pieces along with lots of room for more of both.
This inevitably made me think about the past year. I can't quite believe how different things are. I never wanted this to be an overly personal blog so I won't write details. All I wanted to say was that a lot of things seem to be very similar but all of the little things that matter a lot have subtly changed. I've got a whole new bunch of friends that I have managed to find, steal, borrow, etc. as well and it does no harm to say that I really appreciate them, a lot. I am doing something completely different now and have a range of interesting things coming up in the next few months from commissions to entirely new businessy ideas. I'm also playing around with some new places to sell my art pieces so hopefully there will be more on that when I know a little more. It's an exciting time.

I'm going to go and get back to work, because I have a lot more to do. I'm not as far with Etsy as I had hoped I would be but I'm still enjoying it and I'm still improving - I think!

Vick.

p.s. The Etsy anniversary was a little while ago now but this looking-back post was delayed as I realised there were other things I wanted to put up here first...

No comments:

Post a Comment