Friday 8 April 2011

Cookie #2

I am on a quest to find the perfect chocolate chip cookie.I have a list of ingredients that it must include but no real idea of timing or of quantities.
This is the first batch. It was largely made from a recipe I found on the internet and then seriously tweaked to make sure it had all of the ingredients I wanted.
The result was okay but definitely too sweet with a strange quantity of chocolate and a much too large batch-size.
Will be playing around some more with the flour: butter: bi-carb ratio and see what happens to batch #2!
Conclusion: these crumbled but didn't really 'crunch' which is what I was looking for. I also want to get some better quality chocolate chips because the ones I have are too sweet for my taste.  This made far far too many so that needs to be fixed too. Work is never done I suppose!

Vick.

No comments:

Post a Comment